Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Handale Primary School and thank you so much for your interest in our school.
Handale Primary School is a warm and caring community which moved into a brand new building in September 2015. The building is modern, spacious and has state of the art facilities, including touchscreens in every learning area and a beautiful library area. Key Stage 2 all have an iPad each making learning more accessible and at their finger tips. Children use technology to support their learning in all subject areas, linking the world around them to the classroom.
As a team we constantly strive to achieve the very best for you and your child to create successful and happy children.
Education is a partnership between home and school and we place a great deal of emphasis on our relationship with parents. We believe that children learn best when home and school work together for their benefit. In order to further strengthen our work with parents we have worked very hard to achieve the ‘Leading Parent Partnership Award’ which recognises our commitment to all our families. Below is part of the report on our final verification for the award.
Strengths Identified In the review
- The leadership and management of the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) has been excellent.
- Due to a shared vision of continued improvement, the headteacher and co-ordinator are determined to build on the many strengths the school already has with regard to parent partnership.
- Handale Primary is a school which understands the community it serves and staff at all levels are determined to engage the parents. It is a school where parent partnership is a core principle throughout.
- The LPPA framework has been used very effectively as a diagnostic tool to build on its current effective practice.
- The Governing body is well informed about progress towards the LPPA.
- Staff are motivated and proactive, resulting in distributed leadership of the LPPA framework. As a team, they feel that working with the parents is extremely important.
- The staff are very approachable and will do all they can to help. Parents are confident to ask questions and share concerns.
- The reception arrangements are very efficient and welcoming.
- The parents felt fully involved in their children’s education and celebration of their achievements.
- Communication with the parent body is a real strength of the school. The parents appreciate how they are kept well informed by the school.
- The school celebrates all the achievements of the pupils, both in and out of school.
- The pupils are very proud of the school and stated that the staff were very helpful and the learning was fun.
We hope that our website gives you an idea of what our wonderful school has to offer.
We welcome visits to our school. This gives parents and carers the chance to see the school in action and understand what we are all about so if you have any questions or want to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Padgett, Headteacher via the school office.